July 28, 2011

Project Time...

Things are getting organized and situated around our place...  and just in time too, since our little bundle of joy will be making her grand world entrance in only 5 weeks (if she comes according to her due date, that is...).  I was able to finally get some art hung up with Mr. TC's help and I got some projects completed that I am excited about.


Project #1:

This window shelf used to be red...  now it's a delightful shade of turquoise.  I love the turquoise accent in my red kitchen.  It provides just the right pop of bright color to liven up the horrible light-stained cabinets, white walls and nasty formica countertops.





Project #2:

This step stool isn't completely finished just yet, I still want to stain the steps in a dark walnut stain.  Mr. TC would rather that I don't expose myself, Lucky Penny and soon-to-be Spare Change to the harsh fumes of stain and polyurethane right now...  and he's probably right, so it'll have to wait...  I love how it looks with two tones already.  Can't wait for the stain, though.



Other projects that I have planned are :
*  getting the rest of our framed photos hung.
*  painting (and staining) my kitchen cart to match the step stool.
*  giving an old drop-leaf table and chest of drawers a paint face lift.  I want to add new hardware to the chest as well.
*  and finally getting my kitchen tabletop sanded and stained.  I've been working on this project for about 5 years now...  I painted the legs a gorgeous red, but we've been living in apartments where there was no room for sanding or staining the tabletop.  Hopefully, I can get this done by next summer.
*  I also have some ideas for turning posters into fabulous canvas art to class it up and get rid of the ugly poster frames...  I'm hoping it'll turn out awesome!

What are some projects all of you are currently working on?

and that's my two cents...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love projects - and I'm hopefully going to be starting on quite a few of them once Annie gets back into school. I love the turquoise that you used - what paint is it?

Mrs. Two Cents said...

I love projects too! I just wish I had more free time to work on them without feeling like I'm neglecting my kid... maybe someday!

The paint is from Lowe's and is Valspar Beach Sparkle. I love it!